The striker insists he never came close to
joining the Gunners because he feels there is
unfinished business at Leicester City, while he
also hopes Riyad Mahrez stays at the club Leicester City striker Jamie
Vardy has stressed
that rejecting a move to Arsenal was an
"easy" decision for him, insisting a transfer
was never on the cards.
The England international was believed to be
close to joining Arsenal after they triggered his
release clause, but he eventually signed a new
contract with Leicester instead.
The 29-year-old has now reflected on his
decision to stay put and is adamant staying at
the Premier League champions was an easy
call to make in the end.
"[Turning down Arsenal] wasn't that big when I
think about it. It was quite easy and this is
where I want to be," Vardy told Sky Sports.
"I was away with England so [a move to
Arsenal wasn't close]. No [I didn't speak to
them.]
"There's a lot of unfinished business here. I
feel that the club is only going one way and
that is forward, that's why I want to be a part
of it."
Vardy also hopes Riyad Mahrez, who has been
strongly linked with a move away this summer,
follows in his footsteps and stays put at the
King Power Stadium.
"I think everyone in the squad would want him
here, playing with us," Vardy added.
"But that's nothing to do with us and it's down
to Riyad and the club to sort."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top