A 101-year-old Italian woman, Anatolia
Vertadella, has given birth to a 9-pound
baby.


According to World News Daily Report, this
was made possible through ovary transplant
even when medical professionals were
against the procedure due to the age of the
woman involved.
Anatolia Vertadella and her baby
The whole procedure was illegal, but private
clinic in Turkey made it possible, reports the
Rivista Napoli.
"I am very grateful to all the team of doctors
who decided to go on with the operation. I am
so grateful to have given birth to my 17th
child. This is a true blessing and a testament
to the power of the creator.
"For so long I have felt useless to God, I could
not procreate since I turned 48 years old when
I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. For a
long time I believed God was punishing me for
only bearing 16 children, but in his godly
generosity, he has granted me with fertility
once again," the new mum who is a fervent
Catholic told Rivista Napoli.


Vertadella's husband died in 1998, but the
oldest mum was said to have managed to
find a sperm donor to make the birth
possible.
"I met Francesco's father on the internet while
trying to find a father to my child. This 26-
year-old man is a Catholic and that is all that
is important to me. I wanted my child to be
born in a union sanctified by the Catholic
church. I know we are not married and that he
will not play a part in Francesco's life, but I
have written to the pope to ask his absolution.
I have also named my child after the pope in
his honor and so I believe he should find a
place in his heart to forgive me in this
particular situation. I still love my deceased
husband and desire to stay a widow until I
leave this earth, but I needed the seed of this
young fervent Catholic to fulfill God's will," she
explained.

Malegwale Ramokgopa allegedly gave birth
to her 25th and 26th child in 1931 at the
venerable age of 92
The world's oldest mother was previously
believed to be Malegwale Ramokgopa, a
woman born in South Africa in 1839 who
allegedly gave birth to twins three days after
celebrating her 92nd anniversary on October
3, 1931, which made nation-wide headlines
at the time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top